Thursday, March 25, 2010

Chart of the Month!

March is waning and I almost forgot to post my chart of the month! Better late than never they say!

This month I've chosen the song "Inside the Fire" by Disturbed. Anyone that knows me knows that I like all kinds of music no matter how hard or soft as long as there is a good melody with tons of hooks. I've been listening to Disturbed since they first hit the mainstream and I LOVE their brand of hook-laden metal. The vocals are powerful yet melodic and the production on their albums is amazing. The interplay between Mike Wengren's drumming and the bass and rhythm guitar has always been very strong and interesting. "Inside the Fire" is no exception. There are his signature broken double kick patterns underneath a sparse quarter note hi hat pulse and his tribal tom patterns as well.